Wednesday 30 March 2011

It's all bloomin lovely!



Yesterday, the doorbell rang and I was handed these lovely flowers. Flowers are always ace but totally unexpected ones are just fab! So I went back inside with my new bouquet and my new cheesy grin to read the card.
The note simply said...


I've known Beryl since 2003 when I moved onto her street. We became friends straight away and despite us moving house 2 years ago I still see her every week, only now I have a monster with me pinching her biscuits every time I go. Beryl turned 80 last year and she was mortified to say the least. Why? Because she still thinks she's 18 and hates telling people she's 80. She absolutely cracks me up, always has time for me and often asks me to pick her a MacDonalds up on my way round!
She knows me inside out. So much so that she can tell when I'm pushing myself or got a lot on my mind just from a quick phone call (hence the 'slow down a bit')


Thank you Beryl x


A couple of weeks ago I posted a photo on Facebook of my new Iphone and Blackberry cases (my god, what a geek!) Anyway, they got loads of comments and I couldn't flippin find the link to the shop I bought them from. Fear not fellow geeks!... I've found it. and yes!.. they really are that stunning in real life. The photo is pretty good but when you have them in your hand you just want to snuggle them and tuck them up in bed!! (Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me??)

Gorgeous or what!!


Despite the fact we've overslept every single morning since the clocks went forward because we're mentally still in 'real time' it also means it's lighter at night, which meeeans!... Beer gardens and pub grub, woohoo! So Monday night as soon as Carl walked in, we dragged him out again. (He didn't take much dragging when he heard the words pub and grub) Found a wicked little playground at the back of a country pub for George and sat outside with our coats on like proper English people do at the first hint of a light evening. Wicked grub, G loved the playground (so did Mummy and Daddy!) and will definitely be going again very soon.


Today's diary post is ending here, I'm being shouted (and I quote) "MUMMY, CAN YOU WIPE MY BUM PLEASE. IT SMELLS REALLY SMELLY!!" Lovely, just lovely..... x

No comments:

Post a Comment